South Africans across KwaZulu-Natal and parts of Gauteng have witnessed devastating impacts to their lives and livelihoods. And yet, despite the country’s recent challenges, South Africans are once again showing their determination and ability to get up again to #RebuildSA.
As part of its commitment to supporting communities, Uber would like to be part of the solution. Whether it be for transport to help clean up and assist where they can or if someone needs to travel a longer distance to get essentials, Uber will be covering two free rides to the value of R100 this weekend (Saturday 17 July 2021 to Sunday 18 July 2021) in Durban and parts of Gauteng.
Frans Hiemstra, Uber General Manager for Sub Saharan African says, “Our heart goes out to all that have been impacted by the recent unrest. To mark our support, we will be offering discounted trips throughout the weekend to help people get around their city as needed.”
Not only will this help South Africans get closer to #RebuildSA, but ensure drivers can put much-needed earnings into their pockets as drivers will receive their full earnings for all trips taken.
How to claim your ride:
- Go into the Uber app, and HELPJHB21 or HELPDBN21 to retrieve your voucher
- Tap the menu in the top left of the Uber app and select ‘Wallet’ and select ‘Add Voucher Code’ at the bottom.
- Add the voucher code and get R100 off 2 Uber rides
- Simply input the promotional code HELPJHB21 in your Uber app to activate the promotion.
- JOHANNESBURG: The promotional code will apply to the following areas: Cosmo City, Daveyton, Diepsloot, Eldorado Park, Katlehong, Johannesburg CBD (Jeppe’s town and Marshalltown), Soweto, Tembisa, Thokoza. This promotional code is for trips to, from and in these communities and can also be redeemed by riders wishing to help with clean-up efforts that are happening in these affected communities.
- Navigate to the rides home screen and enter the pick-up/drop-off location for yourself or the person you are booking for.
- Confirm your trip.
- Don’t forget No Mask. No Ride. Please also wash or sanitize your hands before entering the vehicle, and jump into the back seat to give yourself and your driver enough space
- Terms and conditions, and Uber’s community guidelines apply.